Job Title: Preschool Coordinator
Department: Language Center
Reports to: Preschool Director
Start Date: February 1, 2023
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tri-state area. With more than 5,000 registrations annually, we offer French in two convenient locations: Manhattan’s Upper East Side and Montclair, NJ.
In conjunction with its adult French language learning program, FIAF offers French language learning programs for toddlers (ages 1-4), kids (5-10) and teens (11-17) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native speakers.
Our program offers a high level of language instruction through curricula that are specially designed to meet children’s pedagogical needs at every stage of their development. All our classes provide an integrated approach to French language and culture.
Since 2012, the FIAF Preschool has been offering a French immersion program for toddlers ages 2½ to 5 in two separate classes/classrooms.
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is looking for a full-time New York State certified Preschool Coordinator (Interim) for its preschool, an immersion French program designed for toddlers and preschoolers (ages 2.5 to 4.5).
The coordinator will be responsible for helping with planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities, while promoting social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth in toddlers and preschool-aged children. The working hours are 10am-6pm.
• Serves as liaison between the administration and the teaching staff (two teachers and two assistants).
• Develops enrichment activities for the children (arts, music, gym etc.)
• Supervises children during lunch and recess.
• Organizes and chaperones field trips.
• Ensures the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of hazards, visual observation of children active or at rest, and by appropriately responding to potential injuries.
• Works in a team, share information, and build positive working relationships.
• Actively support the school’s philosophy and community and enforces its policies.
• Develops and supervises activities for the after-school programs.
• Have a baccalaureate in early childhood education and valid certification issued by NY State Education Department
• Have at least two years of experience in a pre-school
• Knowledge of French is desirable.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
The FIAF Preschool is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Our mission is to provide a joyful entry into French language and culture, combining the best of the école maternelle and American preschool experience to help each child reach his/her full potential.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Human Resources department at [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.